5/18/2005

The Wizzard Is In

I've been messing around for some time--reading stuff (particularlly The Register, The Darth Side: Memoirs Of A Monster, and An American Schoolteacher In Japan.)

Lately, some discussions between me, Heckfire, and KingRoan off the TKT forums resulted in an interesting project: Monster World. We're still hashing out the bare outlines, and scribbling up ideas for designs, so don't expect me to be detailed here yet. I've offered to organize the material, and I'm working out thoughts on how to present the material on Biolante.net (my server)--I have a few pHp projects* of my own, and I want to see if I can't interigate some of that to make adding and linking data easier.

Other discussions in the HERO Games forums have re-ignited my interest in "The World of the Eight Sages," a campaign setting based off Jason's suggestion of a Usagi Yojimbo-like world to play in. At the moment, I will only say that it is a Middle-Kingdom inspired furry world with a Dark Wuxia bent, with mortals/divinities/demons attempting to swing a world currently in a recceding Age of Shadow into their favor. I have the eight races in mind already, but I have yet to solidify some bare details about the world itself, such as its creation, history, regions, and important personages/groups.

Other than that, there's characters that I still need to write up for Ebberon's Mark of Heroes living campaign that I'm interested in--I've got ideas for a journal written by one of them, a warforged ranger named Mithral Forgedhand, since the viewpoint of a 'forged is ideally unique for me to pratice with. (Although I could also do 'reports' from the newly revitalized Legends of the Shining Jewel living campaign--I managed to snag an auction win of $150 to Red Cross for the right to play an Amythorian Noble. But that feels like it lacks character, as Tierdal Perrault isn't that noteable, really. My other PC has more creative flair than him.)

And then there's figuring out which Digital HERO adventures would be suitable to introduce players to the system for my FRAG group. I'm leaning on "Dreadwood, Missouri" Western game and "Project PREDATOR" Champions game, but finding out if the other listed adventures are self-contained adventures is proving rather difficult. The forums aren't helping, either.

Back to other things... I've been playing some new PS2 games--Phantom Brave, Samurai Legend Musashi, Megaman X8, and Megaman X Command Mission. They're all pretty good, in their respective areas. Of course, more games means less time to play the other stuff--I do need to get back to Grandia, FF9, FF10, and Jade Coccoon 2. Not to mention play more Saga of Ryzom--that MMORPG needs more tuning on progression levels than gameplay, really. The Fyrosen will arrive to help others someday, I swear to it...

I've got lots on my plate--later!



*(One is a spinoff of the wiki idea--a 'wikicell' that works in reverse; instead of creating a link to make new data, you create data to link to using a [cell] call. Granted, seeding it is a little sporatic in pratice, but I feel it works better. I can always elaborate by perfoming search-and-replace calls, but once you reach more than a 100 pages of material, you have to re-define the paremeters.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home