10/12/2004

Avoirdupois

I've managed to procure this book by luck, thanks to finding out that SciFi City is attempting to carry some of Ironclaw. (Actually, I was tempted by the Bisclavret suppliment as well, but it'll keep. Another read for another day.) Read it through today, and I liked it. Looks promising for an armadillo priest I've written up for a rainy day.

Short overview, it gives the rise and spread of one of the Noble Houses of Calbera into the mighty force it is now, backed by the Church of S'allumer. It also gives interesting backgrounds into the feudalism of the Avoirdupois demese, and fun options as well as better detail about the S'allumer faith, with a seperate holy path of magic and several Orders/Heradoxies of different faiths within the lands. Very well done, with a French-European feel to the theme. Makes me look forward to obtaining Bisclavret and Phelan books in the future.

It's a shame that this system isn't as widespread as it needs to be. I blame WotC for that. In fact, I think I'll bugger my group for a try, if they're bored. (Either that or a game of Kobolds Ate My Baby! 3rd Edition. There's something interently funny trying to make everyone say 'ALL HAIL KING TORG!' or take a Death Check Penalty.) I haven't even started on the details for my Spycraft world, 'The Poseidon Files'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home